Hey friends! It’s the first Travelers Journal post of the New Year but the last of the Papertrey season! Today we are talking about how to use sketches in your travelers notebooks. 🙂
Above you see 6 different sketches that you can use for your Papertrey travelers journals. For my first layout I chose the middle-left one.
I used the left page to decorate and have a little fun with, and the right side for my image, title, and any journaling I wanted to add.
Sketches can be interpreted in so many different ways and are a great technique to use when you are just getting started, need a little inspiration, or even if you are dying to finish an album in a short amount of time.
My second layout uses the bottom-right sketch.
I actually sliced my photo on the left into fours to add a bit of a mosaic/tiled feel while still using just one image.
And then the right side of my layout is used for decoration, title, and journaling.
These are just two examples but you could honestly make an entire mini album or travelers journal based on these 6 sketches alone!!! And don’t be afraid to use your own previous layouts as inspiration for new layouts you will be creating. Your very own sketch inspirations. 🙂
Thanks so much for stopping by! Can’t wait to share this month’s Papertrey release with you all! 😉
Goooooood morning everyone!! The new Clique Kits Team is hopping today sharing some projects and fun facts!! Let’s dive right in!
Fun Facts About Me:
1. What’s your favorite color? Yellow 🙂
2. What’s your favorite song right now? I can’t choose!! But Miranda Lambert is my fave <3
3. Who inspires you? Oh goodness so many people. In life, my family and friends are always inspiring me to be a better person. I love them so much!! Creatively, I work with so many wonderful designers and they each keep me on my toes and inspire me to continue learning and improving.
4. Favorite Book? That’s like choosing a favorite child!
5. Favorite Movie? I love Age of Adaline, The Divergent Series, and I’m SO EXCITED about Beauty and the Beast coming out!!!
6. Favorite snack? Tacos… I really love donuts too. I like food in general. Do these even count as snacks?
7. What is your favorite food? Tacos… I really love donuts too… I feel like I’ve been here before…
8. Where would you like to visit someday? Tour the US in an RV with my fam.
9. Who got you into scrapbooking? I started out as a cardmaker and slowly started trying to scrapbook because of all of the gorgeous projects I saw online.
10. How many years have you been scrapbooking? Maybe 1? I’m not sure lol.
11. Favorite Manufacturer? That’s tough but I’ll choose Crate Paper… I am always drawn to their fun, feminine designs.
Ok!! Here is my project for you today:
I tend to have a very simple style with lots of clean lines and I always gravitate towards feminine products. Love me some pinks! 🙂
Alright my dears! Your next stop is the lovely Nicole Martel!! Thanks for stopping by!
Are we friends yet?! 🙂 Follow me on FACEBOOK // INSTAGRAM // PINTEREST
Hey guys! It’s all about love and Valentine’s Day here today! As promised, here is my very first scrapbook page! (Eeeek!!!) I used the Hello Love collection by Crate Paper from the Gossamer Blue add on kit in January. I die cut little white flowers using Maggie Holmes Confetti leaf dies and Papertrey Ink Circle Scribble dies. I also stamped light leaves here and there using PTI Beautiful Brushstrokes set.
So this being my first scrapbook layout, I learned a lot! I know what I would do differently in the future for another layout, and new things I think I will try. 🙂 I guess I am going to have to keep trying this out!! Here are a few Valentine’s treat boxes I made with the same kit too:
My goodness I truly love this collection. Way to go, Crate Paper… you have done it again!! I can’t wait to give these to some great teacher’s at my kids’ school on Valentine’s Day. Have a wonderful day my friends! Happy crafting!
Hey guys!! I FINALLY got to try out a Gossamer Blue kit and oh. my. goodness. I picked out the Gossamer Blue Life Pages Add On and it was filled with Crate Paper Hello Love goodies and I was in heaven!! I made a few cards and even a scrapbook layout (!!!!!!!!????). It was my very first layout and I shared it on Instagram a bit ago but I will post more close ups in a post here soon. Today I have a few cards that I made with the kit for you.
For this first card I used a die/stamp set by Papertrey Ink to make this cute little frame around the “you + me” and layered a few of the die cuts together hanging from the seam binding at the top. I embellished it with a couple wood veneer hearts and some of the adorable glitter hearts as well. So fun!
The second card is my favorite. I adore this floral pattern paper. I layered a bit of vellum over top to soften the feel underneath the simple sentiment.
For this last one I had a bit of fun with a gold doily that I picked up from Michael’s. (Gold foil is so difficult to photograph!) I used another die cut from PTI for the heart paper in the center and accented the card with seam binding, wood veneer and die cut heart arrows.
That’s it for today! I’ll post the layout soon and I also have a few close ups of some adorable pillow treat boxes I made with this kit as well. Ready for Valentine’s Day! 😉