Bunny Blessings + Big Egg Die + Egg Stripes + Penned Elegance + Bold Borders: Blooming

by Stephanie Gold for Papertrey Ink big egg die bunny blessings egg stripes

Happppppppppy hopping ya’ll!! Are you joining along in today’s challenge? It happens to be one of my favorites each year Papertrey does it. 🙂 AND we have some fun Easter goodies to share with you today!! Starting with the Big Egg Die, Bunny Blessings, and Egg Stripes.

by Stephanie Gold for Papertrey Ink big egg die bunny blessings egg stripes

I created an ombre 3d egg using different colored purple cardstocks and stamped each one differently. I sewed them together using black and white twine and used a Delicate Detail die to accent the top and bottom. It sort of reminded me of one of those really ornate eggs you see at Easter time. 🙂

by Stephanie Gold for Papertrey Ink big egg die bunny blessings egg stripes

My next project is showcasing a brand new die set from Lizzie Jones, Bold Borders: Blooming, as well as our very first set from new Product Designer, Jennifer Campbell.

by Stephanie Gold for Papertrey Ink penned elegance bold borders blooming die

I started by layering two of the border dies off set in Stormy Sea and Dark Indigo. The sentiment is embossed in black on polka dotted vellum and attached to the card using a mini clothespin.

by Stephanie Gold for Papertrey Ink penned elegance bold borders blooming die

The card is accented with some white thread and seam binding. 🙂

by Stephanie Gold for Papertrey Ink penned elegance bold borders blooming die

Thanks for stopping by! Make sure to check out all of the other designer’s projects on the Papertrey Blog! Much love all.

Xo, Stephanie

Are we friends yet?! 🙂 Follow me on FACEBOOK // INSTAGRAM // PINTEREST

14 Comments

1. Noelle February 10, 2018 / 7:06 am

What a pretty and fun dimensional egg!

2. kellyv February 10, 2018 / 8:19 am

i love your unique layering style and the fact that you can make so many things just work that i would never know what to make a thing with (that is a compliment, i hope you know that!); i always learn something when i look at your cards. they are beautiful!

3. Becky Green February 10, 2018 / 8:54 am

Thank you Stephanie! I can see the size of the egg shaped tag so much easier on your card! It is a generous size for us! 😉 Very creative the way you’ve used it too. Your second card is beautiful as well & I love how the vellum just seems to be laying freely on top of the intricate background! Super job!!!! 😉

4. Jill Norwood February 10, 2018 / 11:04 am

Lovely cards! The layered egg is so pretty! Love how you use dimension in your projects!

5. Nancy M February 10, 2018 / 11:28 am

Your cards match your personality (from what I can tell from the Facebook live release videos) – thoughtful, fun and a little quirky with a great sense of style backing it all up. They’re great!

6. Sandy M February 10, 2018 / 1:16 pm

It is cute the way you used two colors and offset the frame die. Very effective. Your layered egg dye is beautiful.

7. merryf February 10, 2018 / 1:29 pm

So creative, to layer the floral frame die like that — I love the way this looks!

8. Cindy February 11, 2018 / 6:38 am

Love the Easter egg card and how all of the layers are different. Reminds me of cards I made as a kid, and I still love that design. The Thinking of You card is absolutely lovely…love the softness and details!

9. Ruth Gauss February 11, 2018 / 2:18 pm

Super fun Easter card!!! I love that it would lay fairly flat for mailing, but be very fluffy when opened! Your Thinking of You card is lovely! Nothing is better than dots, in my opinion, but the little bit of white ribbon and the clothes-pin are pretty darn awesome, too! Thanks so much for sharing!

10. Kim Klinkovsky February 11, 2018 / 4:20 pm

So beautiful. Just wonderful cards. Just lovely

11. F. Andre February 12, 2018 / 12:23 pm

The 3D egg is very clever and I love the off set style of your second card.

12. Jill Norwood February 15, 2018 / 10:24 am

I love the dimension you have added to these cards! That egg is fabulous! So warm and fun!

13. Nancy Guse February 23, 2018 / 3:17 pm

I really LOVE both of these cards, SO pretty!!

14. J Lamb April 1, 2018 / 1:17 pm